Sunday, June 29, 2008

SUNDAY PROJECT

OK, so we have a little girl who is not exactly the best at picking up after herself and thinks everything little is a treasure. I have been keeping her bedroom door shut when people come over and telling them that they aren't allowed upstairs because Aleigh's room will give them nightmares! You really could not see her floor. When Joe and I would have to carry her to bed we would almost kill ourselves trying to clear a path to her bed!
Well, today we didn't have any plans so while Joe was outside working in the yard I told Aleigh we were going upstairs to clean her room. I grabbed 2 garbage bags, even though I thought I would only fill half of one! It was so hard standing in the middle of her room trying to figure out where I was going to start. I decided I would start w/ the obvious garbage. Within 30 minutes I had one garbage bag full and was almost half way full w/ the other! If you are looking for any kids meal toys or smooth shiny rocks, let me know and I will dig them out of the garbage for you! It was CRAZY! After 4 1/2 hours Aleigh had her bedroom back!

Needless to say, Aleigh got a good lecture from Joe and I. She was told that if her room EVER looks like that again she will loose all of her toys because she isn't taking care of them.

Aleigh wanted me to share a pictures of her room clean. It's hard to believe how bad it looked w/ all the clutter you still see after it's clean, especially over in her little art section!

2 comments:

Alluneedislove25 said...

Oh wow!! What I have to look forward too! Her room looks great!! How fun to have an all pink room!! Love the pics of Joe and the kids asleep!! Those moments are so precious! So lucky of you too capture it in a picture!!! Sorry I missed the party!!! GLad you all had fun!!!

Melissa said...

Aleigh and Aviry have very similar shades of pink in their rooms, very pretty! She is such a lucky girl to have such a large room all to her self.