With Joe and the kids going to Karate Camp this summer, as I mentioned earlier, Ansley and I have a little more time on our hands for some long overdue visits! As posted on Tuesday, we got to go see Robin and Tessa! Today we were able to go see Tammy, my first close friend after moving to Georgia almost 17 years ago! It was so cute to see how enthusiastic these baby girls were when they first saw each other! Their grins were as big as could be! They shared a lot of smiles together today. Hayley is an amazingly happy baby, and although she had to tolerate some fussiness from Ansley, she never let out the first fussy sound! When we sat them down together it was like looking at two little versions of me and Tammy. I am so excited to have friends that have baby girls the same age as Ansley! It is going to be a blast watching them grow together! Tammy and I were talking about our plans to make our kids want to be at our houses when they grow up. This way we can keep them from doing the crazy things we did as teenagers!
Today I heard Aleigh's ability to tell a story, and tell it well. It was a true story and I had no idea where she was going with it until she finished. Then I sat there for a minute and thought "Wow she just told me a story and told it very well!"
This is how she told it:
"Mommy, today at Karate Camp I was just sitting there watching Happy Feet, enjoying the movie and I looked over and saw an older boy and his little brother. They were just sitting there playing with their dinosaurs. I looked back over and kept on watching Happy Feet. Then I looked over again, they were still playing so I looked back over and kept watching the movie. I looked over again and then back at the movie, then when I looked over the last time the little brother just threw up all over the place! It was so gross mommy! Don't worry, I didn't go near him because I didn't want to catch it!"
I thought that was pretty well told coming from a 4 year old! I love the conversations I can have with AJ and Aleigh. As they grow I can see that they must really listen to Joe and I and the stories they hear us share over the phone and with friends and family! Guess we better be careful! Lol!




1 comment:
Such cute pics!! You are lucky to have friends with babies the same age, Ella is going to be the only baby around here!
Post a Comment