Today was Alden's 5th Birthday party (Aleigh's friend from preschool). They had the party at the coolest pool house! Apparently they are pretty good friends w/ a family who have their second home here in Sharpsburg (their primary residents is in England) and live a pretty cushy lifestyle! This pool was attached to a little guest house and the entire pool was screened in. It was really nice! The whole time we were there Joe kept talking about building one for us...in the future obviously! If we ever sell our house it is definitely our goal to build a house w/ a pool and never move again...unless we are moving to another state. We want to have a home where there is lots to do and where our kids will be happy staying home and having their friends over at our place, rather than being who knows where! I guess what I am trying to say is that we want to stay fully aware w/ what they are doing and who they are hanging out with!
Ansley really liked the pool, the noise of all the kids, and seemed to really like the cool water. AJ and Aleigh got so comfortable w/ the water that they were out in the middle of the deep end w/ their floaties. AJ has started pushing away from the edge and kicking his way back in the deep end! He was very proud of his confidence today! So, it looks like I need to suck it up and go purchase my first bathing suit in over 4 years! My kids really enjoy swimming and I want to enjoy it with them. So I need to put my bad body image aside and get myself a full coverage bathing suit so that I can enjoy the water w/ my kids this summer. We have several friends who have access to a pool and have invited us to join them.
After Alden's Birthday party we went to my mom and dads for a cookout. My dad had to try out his new grill! The burgers were very tasty! Tomorrow we is a dreaded doctor's appointment. Ansley has her 4 month visit and will be getting 4 shots. It never gets any easier, even with the 3rd baby!




3 comments:
Looks like the kids had a great time!!! Ansley is getting so big!! I havent tried the pool with Hayley yet!! Want to wait till Mark and be there with us! If you are looking for a great (Full coverage)suit..try Lands End!! I order all of mine from there and love them!! They even have built in tummy control!!! THE BEST!!! You will have to bring the kids over here to swim one afternoon!!
Such cute pics!! I was daring and swam with Aviry yesterday. I just can't tell her mommy doesn't want to get in the pool because I am ashamed of my body. So I just stay covered up right until the moment of getting in and I get in really quick! We had fun!
Yes Steph! It's so much more fun to enjoy the water while you're in the pool with your children. Elliot comes from a swimming family, so that's all we do when we're there. I had to suck it up almost 5 years ago!! I'm glad I have done it and you will be too!!
Post a Comment