Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Days are changin!

So, I recently posted about how nice it was that the kids enjoyed Karate Camp because it allowed me some time to get some things done w/out the kids complaining about having to go to another store or wanting to go home! It's also nice that they get to have that time w/ Joe, I know he enjoys being with the kids more! Well, today I realized that those Summer days have taken a turn, and not necessarily in my favor! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy spending time w/ the kids, but I was really enjoying grocery shopping w/ just the baby and not having to listen to the kids argue or throw random things in the cart! I even had the opportunity to get some work done from home while Ansley napped w/out any interruptions. Well, Chelsea is here for the summer and she made it very clear to me today that she didn't appreciate being at camp for longer than an hour! If Chelsea doesn't want to stay, my kids won't want to either! Chelsea prefers to spend all day at our house. That's all great and well and I'm glad she enjoys our home, but it's good for her and the kids to get out and be active! I guess I just need to be more creative and find things to do w/ them to keep them active and Ansley happy...and still not have to spend a fortune on gas! Any suggestions?

Here is a photo of Chelsea holding Ansley for the first time! She loves babies and is actually a natural when it come to holding them and making them smile!

2 comments:

Alluneedislove25 said...

Sounds like you have your hands full! Is Chelsea staying with you guys????

Melissa said...

Well, I don't know that I would let Chelsea have complete control of the situation, if your kids love being at camp and love being with Joe, then that is where they should be. Are you taking care of Chelsea for the summer?? If anything get a season pass somewhere you can go over and over. I know you love spending time with Chelsea but she is going to have to adjust to the way your family is and how they do things. This is an important time for you and Ansley to have some one on one time while she is so little and you will not get this time back, I would just tell Chelsea she needs to stay at camp for at least half the day!