Thursday, September 4, 2008

MYRTLE BEACH

So I went back to a much better doctor last Thursday who gave me lots of drugs and a breathing treatment after determining that I had a bad case of bronchitis....which I have never had before and hope I never have again! Being sick and trying to go about your day to day life of work and running the kids around on top of all the other mom responsibilities is NO FUN! I am so glad that I found a much better doctor's office and greatful that they did all they could so that I would feel much better for our trip to Myrtle Beach! Ansley also went to the doctor last Thursday, but her's was a check-up. It was her 6 month check-up and she had to get 5 shots! Joe got to take her this time because I had to work. She weighs 15 Ibs at almost 6 1/2 months. She is in the 50th percentile for her weight and in the 20th for her height. I guess she is a little short. I think she is like 24 inches.

This is where we stayed and the view from our balcony. The kids enjoyed sitting in the window!

Aleigh was the one who was INCREDIBLY excited to visit the beach for the first time, but AJ seemed a lot more into it than Aleigh was! Aleigh was more interested in the pool at the condo's we stayed at. They had an indoor pool, and big outdoor pool, a hot tub, and a lazy river. It was a lot of fun! YES, I did get in a bathing suit and enjoyed an afternoon at the beach and then at the pool with the kids! We were all loaded up w/lots of sunscreen and Ansley was very soothed by the sound of the waves. She fell asleep both times we went to the beach. The first afternoon at the beach was Saturday and then on Sunday we tried to do the opposite of what everyone else was doing and shopped the strip in Myrtle Beach and then had a late lunch. We headed to the beach around 7 p.m. and enjoyed the cool ocean breeze. No, I did not wear a bathing suite to the beach that time because I was just going over to watch AJ, Aleigh, Joe and my dad enjoy the water. It was my favorite time on the beach because there were very few people and we didn't have to worry about the sun. It was really nice. We actually got a really nice family picture but....my mom has it on her camera! I will post later.




Ansley is asleep on my mom's lap in the photo above and AJ is lost in the wave in this photo w/ my dad's awesome reaction! :)
All in all we had a relaxing time, which is exactly what we wanted and needed! My mom, once again, has all of the good pictures. I have to get them from her! I posted a few of the better ones that I took!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

How fun! It's always nice to go places with grandparents too - the parents get a break. :)

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had some great family time. I really want to take the girl's to the beach next year......so weird to say "girls". I have 2 kids!!! Anyway, great pics! Aviry loves looking at your blog with me to see pics of you guy's.

Alluneedislove25 said...

GREAT PHOTOS!! I LOVE ANSLEY's SUIT!!!!! GLAD SHE GOT TO WEAR IT!! WE SHOULD ALL PLAN A FAMILY TRIP TO THE BEACH WITH THE GNO gang!!!

Crazy Sakals said...

I'm So happy to hear that you are feeling better and the beach sounds like it was a lot of fun!!! Thanks for sharing! :)