Aleigh also got to share her daddy with her class on Thursday. Joe was asked to go to Aleigh's class and talk about his job. When I asked Aleigh how it went her response was "FANTASTIC!" Aleigh said that all of the kids in her class wanted her daddy to come back because they had so much fun! Her teachers were impressed and appreciative to Joe for taking the time to come talk and interact with the kids.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
STUDENT OF THE WEEK
Because I am not one to send out a Christmas card just so I can brag about everything perfect in my families life...well I do send out a christmas letter, but try really hard to keep it simple and not go on and on about how perfect my kids are...even though they are! Just kidding!!! ;) They are wonderful, but certainly are not perfect! ANYWAY, I have to share Aleigh's special week at school! She was chosen as Student Of The Week. For Joe and I, this is a big deal because I can clearly remember the day I was walking the hall, as a 4th grader, of Silver Hills Elementary School (in Kearns, Utah), when I looked up and saw my name as Student of the Week for the entire 4th grade! I was shocked!!! That was the one and only time I ever received, what I though of as, a reward! Then there is Joe....well lets just say, he was rewarded for staying in the same school for the duration of one school year! Needless to say, we were proud to see that Aleigh was getting recognized in such a positive way so early in the school year.
She was asked to bring in a photo collage of her family and friends. We had several we wanted to include on her poster, but there just wasn't enough room. Once we finished the poster, we took it in to get in laminated and unfortunately it messed up the picture of Grandma Rojas and the three kids together. Aleigh was still proud to see it hanging in the hall all week long...AJ was proud of his sister too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Congratulations to Aleigh!!! That's fabulous! :)
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!! That is so great!!
Post a Comment