So I wanted to add an extra post today because my mom sent me some pictures that I have mentioned in my previous postings. Remember the "Sibling Love" post when I mentioned that there was one picture of James and I showing any sort of affection towards one another when we were little. Well this is the picture of us at the Ronald McDonald playhouse w/ me in my red clogs (darn, you can't hardly see them and I LOVED those shoes) going down the slide together! It's a little blurry, but it really is us...don't know what in the world was going on w/ my hair back then!
This is the "Then and Now" photo of the three J's, James, Jena, and Jeffrey! The "Then" picture was taken when they were 2 years old in 1978! I love their facial expressions!!! I just had to share this!
So every time we fly out to Salt Lake City, I usually insist that we go by our old house. The only house I ever knew from my early childhood! I have very fond memories in that house...even though I shared a room w/ both my brothers! James and I had bunk beds and Bryson was still in a crib. It was very cramped in our bedroom w/ beautiful lime green carpet! ;) My mom and dad had baby blue carpet and the rest of the house was burgundy carpet. We had two bedrooms and just one bathroom! We did have a basement, but my dad never did get a chance to finish it. In our backyard we had a cherry tree, strawberry bushes, and a sandbox w/ a swing set cemented in...which was a big deal! That meant that we could swing as high as we wanted and the swing set wouldn't tip over! We had a trampoline and spent many slumber parties sleeping out there! Many family get together's were spent in that house. I had a Strawberry Shortcake toy box that was just one big giant strawberry and me and my cousins would empty it so they could hide in there and hopefully get to stay the night! My childhood best friend, Amy, lived next door and in the summer our families would play "Red Light, Green Light," "Ring Around the Rosies," "London Bridges," and "Red Rover Red Rover" until dark! It was a fun place to grow up and I had a lot of friends that lived on our block! To this day my mom is still best friends w/ an old neighbor who lived down the street and went to work for Delta w/ my mom, Lesa Frakes. Well, the neighborhood is not a nice looking place AT ALL anymore! I got a very yucky feeling driving through there this last time, and decided it was the last time I needed to drive through there! AJ and Aleigh were like "You lived here mom?! These houses are so small!" The black and white photo was taken back in 1981. The colored photo was taken from the car window last week while we were in Salt Lake.

I figured since I just posted on "First Time" I could share memories from the first home my parents ever owned. We lived in this house from 1979 - 1988, and I have many fond memories in that house. Thanks for listening to me reminisce!




2 comments:
Amazing the feelings we get when riding by our old houses!! We do the same thing when we are in Maryland!! Funny...but our houses look very much like the same! Except we had yellow siding!! YIKES!!
I've had horrid nightmares about having to move back into this house as recent as just a few years ago. It does warm my heart to know you have fond memories of growing up there. However I can't say the same. I wanted to move within the 1st year of moving in. I absolutely HATED living in Kearns and was always so embarrassed by it. My best memory of that house was the day we moved out!!!!
Post a Comment