Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Roco 1996 - 2008

Today was a very sad day for my little brother Bryson. After less than a year without his sister, Raja, Roco was layed to rest today. They were told that he was getting old, losing control of his bladder and bowels, and it was only a matter of time. When Raja was put down my dad handed her over to the vet and let them take care of the rest. Today, Bryson chose to be a part of the process and held Roco's head as he was put down. Bryson wanted to bring Roco home and, with the help of my dad, burried him in the backyard. I know that Bryson had a very hard day with the loss of a dog that was nothing less than a good buddy to him with a big heart. Our hearts go out to Bryson and my parents who were so used to hearing the sound of Roco's paws on the hardwood floor to greet them when they walked through the door.

On a lighter note, the kids were thrilled to kick off their summer w/ their first day of Karate Camp. The summers are tough on Joe w/ the responsibility and long hours of Karate Camp, but it sure is nice for the kids to have a place to go and get out all of their energy and spend more time w/ their daddy. Now that the kids are older and can/want to go to camp all day, summers are a nice break for me. I still have the baby, but it's still a bit of a break. Chelsea will be coming in to town next week and the kids always look forward to spending time w/ her. She will be here all summer but she has been signed up for some Summer Activities to keep her entertained w/ a little more than AJ and Aleigh's company. The three of them argue regularly by the end of summer, but still complain when the day comes to an end and it's time to take Chelsea home. Next summer I am sure I will be a little more busy w/ a toddler on our hands!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so sorry to hear about Roco. Rebel had lost control of her bowels and would pee and poop and not even know it. She had a stroke and did not know who we were and it left her rear end paralyzed. It was the most heartbreaking thing to hold her as she died. I collapsed as her body collapsed into my chest. I will never forget that day. We didn't even like being home with out her there, which is why we got Gus so soon after. My heart goes out to them!!

Alluneedislove25 said...

Steph, I am sorry to hear about Roco!! I guess I didnt realize that he was that old. I remember when they got Raja!! WOW!! Time really does go by fast.