Today was field day for AJ. When he came home I asked him how his field day was and his response was "good." I proceeded to ask him several other questions to get him to elaborate a little bit more. "Did you win any of the races? Did you run fast? Was it fun? Did you stay outside all day?" He just kind of looked at me and continued to eat his chocolate muffin. Then a few minutes later he says "I won the hula hoop contest!" Well....WOW! I don't know why it took him so long to share that with me! I didn't hesitate to share my excitement. He then continued to tell me more. "My teacher jumped and clapped and screamed yeah AJ!!!" He tried to keep his big grin under control. :) You see, at the beginning of the school year AJ's teacher, Mrs. Kenty, told me that she was having a hard time getting AJ to speak up and express himself! Well, we all know that isn't the same AJ we know and love! I couldn't figure out what she was talking about or how to handle it. After Joe thought about it for a couple of days he figured out that AJ has a little crush on his teacher! He doesn't speak up because he is a little intimidated and doesn't want to let her down. So, you can imagine how flattered he must have been while his teacher cheered for him after winning the Hula Hoop contest!
Aleigh got to have a little field day today too at her little preschool. They played outside w/ water but she was dissapointed because she didn't get wet. I asked her why she changed her clothes if she didn't get wet...dumb question! Aleigh uses any excuse she can to change her clothes! Her last day of pre-k is tomorrow, even though her graduation ceremony was on monday. She gets to celebrate the last day w/ a soc hop! I will get pictures and post them tomorrow!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
So I can't help but get teary eyed each time I read about your babies, they're growing up so fast (a cliche, I know, but it's true). I guess I am just so proud, like they're my own. Maybe it's 'cause I'm their Aunt Robin. Tell them we miss'em. And we'll see'em at the beginning of the summer.
Post a Comment