Sunday, May 25, 2008

First Time!

As promised, I am posting photo's of AJ at his first Braves game! Joe insisted on staying up late to make that poster for AJ in hopes that they would put him on the screen or throw him a ball. Well the poster turned out great, didn't it? They didn't get there as early as Joe wanted them to and missed seeing the players practice, but I don't think that was as important to AJ as eating his "Oh's" cereal and cinnamon toast! AJ came home and told me all about the coke bottle made out of baseball bat's, ball's, gloves, etc. He was really intrigued by Turner Field. His favorite part of the game was watching the Pitchers. He couldn't believe how fast they could throw the ball! However, it didn't entertain him enough to want to stay for the entire game. They left after two hours. He didn't like the sun beating down on him, so we will have to try a night game next time!

Aleigh, Ansley and I didn't go anywhere. Aleigh wanted to stay home and play! We ate lunch together and played Polly Pockets while Ansley took a nap. Once Ansley woke up we sat with Aleigh as she organized all of her polly pockets, My Littlest Pet Shops, and My Little Pony's. She has WAY too many little things. We are going to have to do some serious toy cleaning w/ strict rules once Ansley is grabbing, crawling and putting things in her mouth!


We had another "First Time" today! My dad, who got Ansley to smile for the first time, recently discovered a new way to get big grins out of Ansley. If you take her feet and bring them to her stomach so that she is practically tickling her stomach w/ her feet, she smiles really big and acts like she wants to laugh! Well, today I thought I would take it a little farther and brought her foot to her cheek and patted her cheek w/ her foot! She gave me the cutest little belly laugh! It's just one of those milestones that thrills you to your core and brings you to complete tears of joy and laughter!!! I clapped my hands and said "I got the first laugh!!!" Aleigh looked at me like I was crazy and said "Mommy it's not nice to brag!" I was just so excited! She is the first child that has given me the first laugh! I called Joe and got her to laugh on the phone! He loved it!


So after a day in the sun at the Braves game, and a lot of laughs, we actually sat down and had dinner as a family tonight! The most amazing part is....I COOKED! I cook for the kids all the time, but I will usually make something different and Joe will eat whatever is left when he comes home at 10 p.m. The kids always love it when we have dinner together at home. They will say "Look we are eating like a family!" I wish that was something we could do more often, but with Joe's schedule, it just doesn't work that way! It is, however a nice trade to have him home in the mornings to make breakfast and get the kids off to school!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I really enjoyed reading this. Scott got the first laugh with Aviry. I was upstairs cooking and he was with her on the couch and I heard her laugh and then he was so excited, he started yelling, she laughed at me!!!! It is a big milestone. We took a pic that day with her a daddy, I also can pull the pic of the fist day she sat straight up all on her own and stayed without tipping over. I even remember what she was wearing both of those times!

Alluneedislove25 said...

Mark got the first laugh out of Hayley too!!! He was riding with her in the back seat and made some funny faces at her!! I couldnt believe it! I didnt get to see her b/c I was driving!!