Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Great Invention


Ya know, there just NEVER seems to be enough time in a day! I was supposed to be off of work today and the only thing I had on our agenda was to go have the kids pictures done by my friend Malin, who is an amazing photographer by the way (http://www.heartisfound.com/). Before we were even ready to head out the door I picked up my blackberry and started to read my emails, only to find a few that made me realize how important it was for me to make time to go into the office today! As Courtney tells me, I have entered the world of crackberry! There is just no way to avoid your emails and once you have read them, and realize you are needed for something, it's just too difficult to ignore...well for me it is! So, a few hours and a new stack of files later, I headed home in just enough time to relieve Joe for work. He had the day off of Karate Camp and didn't have to go in to work until 3:30, which is 2 hours later than his shift usually starts. So...needless to say, I didn't get to go w/ Joe and the kids to eat Partners pizza buffet...a favorite for Joe and the kids!


Well, when I got home, the kids were playing really well upstairs, and Ansley was in her Johnny Jumper, so I actually got to eat lunch! THEN, after Ansley started to get fussy and I still had a ton of stuff I needed to do that required 2 hands, I decided to try out her new little seat. It's not a Bumbo seat, but it's very similar. It was amazing!!! She sat in it for at least an hour and let me get some work done! If you have/are having a baby or know someone who is, you have to get them one of these seats! I was able to have my baby sitting safely next to me while I worked from home and got paid! Then, of course, the whirlwind starts! It's time for dance, so we have to leave 30 minutes early...pretty standard for us in order to get anywhere on time. After 2 hours away from home, and a few phone calls (on the way there and back) regarding work matters, it was time for dinner, baby feeding, baths, and getting Ansley to sleep! When I finally sat down to call my boss back, and Malin, who I really needed to talk to, my phone rang! I was on the phone for another 45 minutes w/ my friend Shelly from work (important), answered a few more phone calls in between helping my kids w/ whatever they needed and before I knew it, it's 10:00 p.m.! That's my cut-off. I don't call anyone that late...even if they say it's ok. My luck, I would call and that would be the night they decided to go to bed early. So....not only did I just share what a typical day in my life is like, I also explained why I think there is just never enough time in a day!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think those seats are amazing!! It is on our list of stuff to get for Ella.