Tuesday, August 19, 2008

AUG 14TH - ALEIGH'S 5TH BIRTHDAY

I have, once again, fallen behind w/ my blogging! I am just now posting our sweet princesses 5th birthday! When I started searching for pictures from Aleigh's birthday, I realized we used my mom's camera, so I only have the ones we took in the morning when we gave her some of her presents. What Aleigh wanted, more than anything else, was to go to the beach! Well, we have a trip planned to Myrtle Beach for Labor Day weekend and Aleigh is counting down the days!
We gave her a few little things for her birthday. She got an "Enchanted" lap pad, "Enchanted" fleece throw, her High school Musical barbies that sing w/ you (her favorite), some American Girl Books, a ring, and a necklace. Madrina gave her a couple of "Fancy Nancy" books which have been a huge hit w/ a princess barbie. From Nana and Papa she got a porcelain tea set (that she has already played w/ SEVERAL times) and "Enchanted" silk pajamas w/ the matching robe and slippers. She wore it for 4 nights in a row, and sleeps w/ the robe! CLEARLY, she made out in gifts!
To celebrate her birthday she had the girls day w/ Chelsea that I blogged about, and then on her actual birthday we sent in homemade cupcakes w/ sprinkles (that was important to her) to her class and after school I surprised the kids w/ a trip to "Jumping Jellybeans" They got to jump until their hearts were content for 3 hours! We went directly to "Carabbas" for dinner because Aleigh wanted their noodles. The day ended w/ cake at my parents house. She had a great birthday and our trip to the beach is just around the corner! Believe me, that is a sacrifice I am willing to make for my children. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a lover of the beach! Put me in the snowy mountains! Myrtle Beach will be fun. My parents and Bryson will probably come w/ us as well, so the kids are super excited!

2 comments:

Alluneedislove25 said...

Sounds like Aleigh had a great bday!! You will love the beach when you see how much fun the kids are having!!! You GO GIRL!!! Happy B-Day ALEIGH!!!

Melissa said...

Sounds like she got a lot of great stuff. Aviry is a huge fan of Fancy Nancy, Target now has the dress ups, crowns, and puzzles as well. Santa will take care of that!