Sunday, August 10, 2008

GIRLS DAY!

Today was a busy but fun filled day for Chelsea and Aleigh! Chelsea spent the night last night, so she got to go to church w/ us this morning.

















After church me, chelsea, and aleigh went to the Jasmine Tea Room, their food choice for lunch. We all ate soup and salad and muffins. The girls each ordered a slice of cake. Chelsea ordered strawberry cake, and Aleigh ordered lemon cake. They both loved their dessert, but neither one could finish. It was fun! The girls enjoyed their little tea pots and tea cups!

I told Chelsea and Aleigh that I would take them to American Girl, but would not be able to buy them a doll! The doll's start at $90 and neither one of them take enough care of their things to get a $90 doll! Once we go there and they saw all of the dolls w/ their accessories, furniture, and pets, I thought "Am I just cruel to be bringing them up here when they don't have a doll and aren't getting one?" They have a bistro where you can eat w/ your doll or borrow a doll to eat with. They also have a salon where you can get your doll's hair done! It's crazy! I know I would have been in heaven when I was a little girl! Aleigh really wanted me to buy her "Kit", but there was NO WAY! Chelsea wasn't really voicing what she wanted. She was just really dissapointed because she only had $20 that her parents had given her as spending money for American Girl...they didn't know how expensive it was! SO...after looking at everything in the store, they each picked out one of the dolls pets and I bought them a little accessorie and 2 books each....$112 LATER!!! After the girls each gave me $20 of their own money, my total went down to about $74. Aleigh ended up w/ Julie's pet bunny, Kit's dog "Grace", and 2 books. Chelsea ended up with a little white dog named "Coconut" and his house (each $20) and the 2 books I bought her. I am secretly hoping Aleigh lets go of her desire for an American Girl doll! If she REALLY wants one by Christmas, or chooses to use her birthday money on one, then that is something we will consider. A new doll would definitely be her big santa gift. I have to know that she will take care of it and I won't find it on her bedroom floor!

All in all the girls had a blast and Aleigh is sleeping w/ her new little $20 stuffed pets that probably cost $.25 to make!!!

3 comments:

Alluneedislove25 said...

Oh my....the things I have to look forward too!! I have heard that store is outrageous!!! PS..I would have done the same thing!! How can you turn them down!! By the way...Aleigh is just beautiful!!!

Melissa said...

The American Girl industry is so crazy $$$$$!! They now have babies. I would love to get Aviry one, but just can't bring myself to spend the $$. I am so glad we don't have a store in Utah, Build A Bear is enough trouble!!

Andrea said...

Steph, Wendy and I have dolls - Molly and Samantha. They were the best! They are still in amazingly great shape. I wish they had had the store and cafe when we were younger. I would've totally loved it! It sounds like you all had such a fun day. Tell Aleigh Happy Birthday!