Saturday, June 20, 2009

An Eventful Friday!

Yesterday was a crazy, but fun day! I started my morning by getting up and going to work for my friend April. She has a daycare/preschool in her home and is VERY pregnant (at the hospital as we speak for an enduction)! I am so glad that I have been available to help relieve her for her doctor appts, and yesterday was her last! I am not sure that she would say she was more excited to be at the end of her pregnancy yesterday or that she was going to have an entire month off from taking care of 6 VERY WILD 3 year old boys! If I were to guess, I would say that yesterday the most exciting thing would have to be that it was her last day of work for a month and I was able to give her the morning off! It's a good thing, because I think those boys would have put her into major labor yesterday morning!!! LOL! Wow, was it a crazy morning! I have gotten to know those boys very well over the past 4/5 months and I can tell you, without a doubt, they were totally out of character yesterday! They must have sensed that there were big changes coming up! Two of them will be starting pre-k in the fall so yesterday was their last day for good. April is leaving her open child care spots available to girls only! LOL! :) I can't say that I blame her! Boys are great, but when you get 6 of them at the age of 3 together for 10 hours....it can easily become a zoo! How she has been able to do this for 10 hours every day until the very end of her pregnancy, w/ an 18 months old of her own, is beyond me! Ansley didn't make things any easier yesterday morning! I guess she thought she had to make herself noticed amongst the boys and kept climbing on top of the table and dancing and yelling really loud...yes she was table dancing at 1 year old! LOL! We have many lessons in store for her! Table dancing is definitely a way to get the attention from boys...but not the kind of attention you want!!! LOL! Honestly though, she has figured out how to climb EVERYTHING! I am about to go crazy! I am thinking about putting the kitchen chairs on top of the table!

So after I left her place, I had to rush to get AJ and Aleigh from the Karate center so that I could take them to a jumping place for a birthday party that we were all invited to! Their friend Devon, who's parents are also friends of ours, turned 7. Ansley's nap didn't happen, but she REALLY needed and wanted one! Instead she got her second wind and ran all over the place the whole time. She would much rather explore and try to climb the arcade games than jump and play in one area! Needless to say, I was pretty tired and my feet were sore and already swelling when we left!

As soon as we got home, I had to get the kids ready to go with the neighbor friend to a "water play" church activity. After getting them in their bathing suites, covering them in sunscreen, packing their bag w/ extra clothes, towels, more sunscreen, bug spray, and their water bottles, they were out the door and I had a very tired 16 month old pulling at my legs! It was 5:00 and a little late for a nap, but I had to make a dish and get ready for a get together at a girlfriends house...an evening w/ girlfriends and no husbands or kids, finally something fun for me!

I put Ansley in her bed so that I could get the dishes done, make my dip, and get a shower. She was still awake when I got out of the shower, but asleep by the time I was done doing my hair! We had to leave 15 min. later so that I could get her over to my parents house (Joe had a karate bootcamp until 9pm). Poor little Ansley only got a 15 min. nap! Apparently she was still up and going strong until 11:30 pm...SO SO late for her! She was up at 7 a.m. too....crazy child! I imagine she will take a long nap, she sure needs one!!!

So after a nice evening w/ some awesome girlfriends, I came home to a quiet house with everyone tucked safely in bed! After checking on all of my kids and giving them kisses, I was in my cozy bed by 2 am! Today....I'm kind of a zombie as I wait anxiously to hear from April! She is at the hospital being enduced and they predict her baby boy (1st boy, second child) will be born around 6pm at about 8 lbs! April is TINY, so birthing an 8 lb. baby could be a lot for her. I just love the anticipation of all of these babies!!! :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like you had quite the day! Good luck with recovering from your events!

Jenny said...

Sheesh! I'm taking a nap in honor of you...just reading that made me sleepy!