Saturday, March 14, 2009

I sold some bows!

I have been making hair bows for a couple of years now, and REALLY enjoy doing it! I have never tried to even give them away as gifts, much less try to sell them. I guess even though I think they look good enough to put in my girls' hair, I have never been confident enough to think that others would want my creations.




Anyway, my mom has a friend that she used to work with at Delta, named Yvonne. Well, my mom suggested I shoot Yvonne an email and let her know that I made hair bows and offer to provide some for her Boutique consignment sale that she puts together twice a year. She was excited and gave me all of the info I needed and even went out and got me a display to put them on! The unfortunate part was that she only gave me 4 days to make bows! I turned our dining room into a craft room for 4 days and made a bow every time I had an open opportunity! I was able to come up w/ 45 bows for the sale. Since it was a consignment sale (high end consignment sale), I priced them anywhere from $2 - $4.50. Well, to my surprise, I sold all but 5 of the bows I made! I'm not sure if it was because they were so cheap, or if people really liked them! I didn't have time to put together any business cards or anything, so I was pleased to hear that a lot of people were giving their email addresses so that I could contact them w/ more info on my bows.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats Steph! Those bows are adorable. You are so talented! I'm lucky to be related to you!!

Anonymous said...

That is so fantastic!!! You're bows are awesome. You should be very proud. ~Amy

stephrojas said...

Thanks so much guys! You don't know how much your encouragement means to me!