AJ and Aleigh entered the Karate Tournament on Saturday. They were both hoping to place, but I think their nerves got the best of them this time. We are so proud of them for entering the tournament and getting up in front of the judges and all of those people to do their forms! AJ said he is never entering another tournament again because he didn't place! Of course we had a long talk about that and Joe and I both reassured the kids that we were proud of them! AJ struggles to practice without goofing off! He insists that he knows his form before a tournament! Hopefully he will soon understand that it's not just about knowing it, it's more important that you feel confident about how well you know it!
After Aleigh competed she followed all of the other students into the other room to get their trophies and have their picture taken. I walked in there and told Aleigh to go over and get her trophie. She looked up at me with tear filled eyes and said "But mommy I don't get a trophie! I didn't get a place!" I gave her a hug and told her that everyone gets a trophie for entering the tournament and doing their best! She was happy after that, but she broke my heart when she said that!
Here is a picture of them pretending they got first place!
1 comment:
Oh, I would have cried right with Aleigh in that moment. I hate seeing my kids heart broken. GOOD JOB ALEIGH & AJ!!!!!We are very proud of you!! Love you
Post a Comment