Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Aleigh's Dance Competition

Aleigh proudly wearing her 1st place medals!

The girls and their Ballet teacher, Mrs. Cindy


The girls in their "Ease on down the road" costumes (tap)

Aleigh and her Tap teacher



I was uploading photos from El Paso, when I realized I had yet to post about Aleigh's 1st dance competition! She did so great! We were very proud of her! I was so happy that my mom could be there, it was so much more exciting than the Recitals! We were in complete awe over the talent from the other Dance studios in the area! Aleigh's and the girls in her group were the youngest competitors and they were all so cute and so proud to get first place for both numbers that they performed! Even though I don't know that they had any competition for their age group, it doesn't matter! All of us mom's were so excited for our little dancers! They did a great job!!!


After all of that excitement I thought for sure Aleigh would be motivated to continue w/ dance next year, but she is firm on her decision! Aleigh does not want to continue to dance! I am proud of her for still putting all of her heart and soul into practicing and performing! She LOVES karate and wants to add gymnastics next year. AJ wants to take gymnastics as well, so I'm pretty excited because I think they will both love it!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay Aleigh!!!! She looks so cute! Aviry loves gymnastics, but she misses performing on stage. She keeps trying to talk me into doing both. Because she wants a costume and to go on stage.