Every night, before I kiss the kids "good night," I read them a book. For
AJ, we have been reading a chapter book called "Jake Drake Class Clown" and I read one chapter each night. In the book there is a teacher named "Miss Bruce" who is really boring and strict, so I created a really obnoxious voice for her and the kids LOVE it!
In fact last weekend I was trying to get Ansley to bed so Joe offered to read to the kids since he was home. While sitting w/ Ansley in her rocker, I overheard Joe starting to read about "Miss Bruce" and the kids stopped him and said he wasn't reading it right! They then
imitated the obnoxious voice I have created for her! It was funny, Joe was laughing hysterically! Of course Joe now does her voice better than me!

Anyway, tonight I read
Aleigh a book called "I'm Gonna Like Me" by Jamie Lee Curtis. It's a great book about how no matter what a person does, however silly or embarrassing, it's important to like yourself first and foremost! After I put the book down and explained to
Aleigh that it's always important to be happy with who you are and believe in yourself. I also told her that when you love yourself it helps you to love others even more.
Aleigh looked up at me w/ her big dimple filled grin, and said "Mommy, the best thing that ever happened to me is you and daddy! Since you and daddy love
each other so much you got married, and if you didn't get married you wouldn't have me and I wouldn't have you and daddy!" My eyes teared up! I am just so proud, not just of the sweet little girl that she is, but of Joe and I for making sure our kids know how important it is to appreciate love and life!
Ansley got to go and play with her friend Hayley for a little while today! They were so cute! We are going to try and make it over to see Tammy and Hayley more! Tammy and I have always had a great friendship and it's going to be so fun to watch Hayley and Ansley grow up together! Tammy took some great pictures of our girls today. I will post them when I get copies.
Oh, I had to post this photo of Ansley completely crashed out in the shopping cart at
BJ's! Remember, the shopping carts at
BJ's are double
seaters, so they are longer and that's how she was able to lay down. Joe fed her a bottle and she was out for almost the entire shopping trip! She
wa.jpg)
s so tired!
2 comments:
What a great post!!! Aviry told me the other day that she was so happy to have us for her mommy and daddy and Ella for a sister. And she was happy Molly and Gus were her doggies. I thought it was so sweet.
Aleigh is a sweetheart! You're such a good mom!:) I love you!
Post a Comment