Monday, September 7, 2009

Aleigh's 6th Birthday!

I figured I had better update my blog before I have to write another novel! I can't believe it's been a month already since I last blogged! I haven't even posted pictures from Aleigh's birthday!!!


So for Aleigh's birthday (August 14th) all she wanted was to have my family, Chelsea, and her Madrina (godmother) over for chinese food and instead of ordering a cake, she wanted me to bake her a chocolate cake! I love that she is appreciates the simple things! :) Joe and I did give her a few gifts in the morning and then checked her out of school to take her to lunch at her favorite local Pizza place (Partners)! Her Uncle Bryson and his girlfriend (Liz) joined us for lunch and then we took her back to school. She had a great day at school and kept making sure I knew how grateful she was for baking cupcakes for her class. She said everyone really liked them! She is such a sweetheart!
Aleigh and Ansley with Uncle Bryson and Liz.

When Aleigh came home we had filled her bedroom w/ balloons! Although we weren't able to fill it w/ even half as many as we had hoped, we did pretty good for blowing them up w/ our own hot air....well I didn't blow up any on my own (I was saving my air for the baby), Joe, Bryson and Liz did that! I blew up the ones that we actually had enough helium for...which was only about 25 balloons! Joe says next year we will rent a helium tank that blows up hundreds of balloons! I don't know about that though, those balloons turned into complete madness and overtook the whole house! I was picking up and popping balloons for two weeks! We can't do that with a crawler in the house next year!
Aleigh was a little spoiled by her Nana and Papa with some new accessories for her American Girl doll "Kit" She got a few outfits, a couple of books, and Kit's scooter. She was thrilled and very appreciative! Aleigh thanking her Madrina for her Fancy Nancy books, puzzle and the movie she gave her!
My parents stayed until midnight doing puzzles with us....even though my dad says he doesn't like puzzles! They had a hard time pulling away from the puzzles! It was fun!

AJ and Aleigh are both enjoying and doing well in school. They both love their teachers and although I agree that they have great teachers, AJ's sure has a crazy love for Social Studies! She did express to us how that was "her thing" but wow...it really is her thing and AJ has a social studies, spelling, and vocabulary test every Friday, a reading comprehension sheet due every friday, has already had 2 social studies projects given to us on Monday that were due on Friday (so we couldn't use Joe's help during the weekend), and then she assigns homework from at least 2 subjects on top of all of that each night! I have to say, it's a HUGE difference from his homework load last year! It makes things quite challenging for me in the evenings since Joe works, but we are doing our best to knock as much homework out in the beginning of the week so that we are not stressed trying to wrap up loose ends on Thursday nights! I have to admit, I am actually learning a lot by helping AJ w/ his homework! I just have to mentally prepare myself for nights of lots of homework and two babies to take care of!

3 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

so fun!!! Wish we could have joined you at Pardners!!!

Andrea said...

Aleigh is such a sweetheart! You've done a great job of raising her. Good luck with all the homework. It's fun learning something new, eh? :)