Monday, April 13, 2009

HAPPY EASTER!

We had a wonderful Easter this year! I say that with lots of genuine enthusiasm because I actually was able to enjoy it this year as opposed to last year when I was fighting a high fever in the bed all day due to mastitis!


Saturday we invited Nana, Papa, and Madrina over for pizza and to color easter eggs! Everyone participated and enjoyed coloring and decorating easter eggs! Everyone stayed until around 10:30 p.m. Robin (Madrina) and I still had to do our shopping for Easter dinner, so we left for Wal Mart and didn't leave there until midnight. When I got home my whole family was asleep...including my easter bunny helper, Joe! I had to make Broccoli salad and fill over 50 easter eggs for the easter egg hunt, fill the kids baskets and hide them! Needless to say I didn't get to bed until around 2:30 a.m. The kids came and woke me up around 8 a.m. so they could find their baskets! They were all very excited about the goodies in their Easter Baskets! AJ got "Honey We Shrunk Ourselves" a movie he has been wanting since we went to Disneyworld last December! He has been fascinated with "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" and "Honey I Blew Up The Kid." We have been looking for "Honey We Shrunk Ourselves" for months with no luck! I was able to find it on Amazon for only $8, so we saved it for his basket and he was THRILLED! Aleigh got "Bedtime Stories" and Ansley got "Elmo in Grouchland" :) They all also got books in their baskets. Aleigh loves Fancy Nancy books and AJ is really into Robert Munsch books....their really silly stories!

Around 3p.m. we all finally made it to Madrina's house and enjoyed amazing food (Honey baked ham, deviled eggs....even mexican deviled eggs, potato casserole, green bean casserole, broccoli salad, fresh rolls, chicken stuffed crescent rolls, and baked beans)! We were able to get the kids together for a few seconds (Ansley won't sit still for nothin), and take a few pictures of them in their easter outfits (from Nana)! Then....the fun began!

The kids got silly string from Madrina, so they were having fun attacking everyone with that when Joe broke out the confetti filled eggs! In Joe's family it has always been an Easter tradition to brake confetti eggs over each others heads on Easter! This year Joe really wanted to introduce this tradition to us. He started saving all of the egg shell's by cracking off the top of the egg to dump the egg out, then cleaning and drying out the shells so that we could color them and fill them with confetti for Easter. He started saving the shells back in January, and even collected some his mom had been saving for us when we went to El Paso in February. We had TONS of egg shells to color and fill with confetti! Joe pretty much did all of the work with some help from Aleigh. She enjoyed gluing the tissue paper over the hole on the egg shells! I was the first one to get slammed...by Joe...with confetti egg on my head! WHAT A MESS we made of Madrina's yard and driveway! It was fun though and everyone had a blast!!! We even had a couple of her neighbors and roommate join in on the fun!!! Oh and the reason there are no pictures of me getting slammed w/ confetti eggs is because those were taken w/ my mom's camera...I don't have copies of those yet.Aleigh was smart and ready to go this year when they started to hunt for eggs (we fill a lot of them with quarters and a few with dollar bills, the rest with candy), she gave AJ some serious competition this year! We had a blast watching them!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Aviry LOVES Fancy Nancy books too! She got a new one for Easter too. The kids look so cute....love the girls' dresses!!!