Well, I don't have any pictures from today..yet! My mom and Bryson did take some photos, but I haven't uploaded any yet. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We started Thanksgiving yesterday by delivering Thanksgiving baskets to those that weren't able to afford a Thanksgiving meal this year. The Karate center has provided hundreds of families, for the last several years, with Thanksgiving meals (including full turkey, whole pie, and all of the sides)! They do what they call a "Kick-a-thon" where the kids do hundreds of kicks to raise money for these families. It's pretty awesome!
We woke up this morning, dropped Ansley off w/ my parents and participated in providing Thanksgiving meals to families w/ our church! It was really neat to see what our church was able to do for everyone. We went to a local highschool (Newnan High) and served free Thanksgiving meals to anyone who needed/wanted a meal. In addition to providing a Thanksgiving meal, the church had filled the hallways w/ tons of toys and clothes for people who needed them! It was neat to see that these people were able to come in and fill bags w/ clothing for themselves and their families! It was also great to see that Joe could be such a great help to several of the hispanic families...he was one of the only ones there that could speak spanish! One of the homes we delivered to today was the residence of an elderly couple. When the man came to the door he wished us a Happy Thanksgiving and said "Thank you so much! We really appreciate this! If it weren't for you guys we wouldn't have a thanksgiving meal this year. My wife is in the hospital and I get to go and pick her up, so it will be nice to have a meal together! God bless you all!" The kids were so happy to see how such a simple gesture can go so far for someone!
After delivering meals, we headed back to my parents house and had a nice and relaxing visit and a great meal. We were able to talk to my cousin Anja and her husband, Matt, in Germany, and we also got a phone call from James! Although I didn't get to talk to him this time (he has very limited minutes), it was awesome to hear from him and know that he is doing well!
We finished our evening by making Gingerbread Houses together! Joe helped Aleigh, I helped AJ and my mom and dad did one together. We had a great time! Now I get to look forward to EARLY morning shopping! Kohls opens at 4am!! I don't know that I will make it that early (it's 12:30 am right now)! I'm actually debating on whether or not I should even go to bed! I'll let ya know how that goes tomorrow!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
That sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! I think it is so great you guy's took time to help others. What a great thing to do with your kids!!
Post a Comment