Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Fond Farewell

On Sunday, Robin and I were able to put together a great party, that was easy and fun, for the Morales family's formal goodbye to an amazing group of people! There was a total of about 92 people invited and 86 were there!!! It was an amazing turnout! We made it potluck style which turned out to be the best thing ever! There was plenty of food and TONS of desserts! The kids all brought their bathing suits and went swimming. It was a great Sunday afternoon! Adam and Lindsay loved the Photo slide show that Robin and I created for them of their entire 6 years here in Georgia. Adam was presented a special black belt from all of the instructors and they all signed it. The best part was that Bryson was able to get everyone from the party to come outside for a photo. The one request that Lindsay had was to get a picture of everyone so she could frame it w/ the words "Georgia On My Mind" and hang it in their new home in El Paso. Other than a few important people missing, it turned out GREAT! Adam and Lindsay each gave a little speach thanking all of their friends and expressing how each person had left a fingerprint on their hearts. It was really special. As I walked back towards the clubhouse I turned around and saw everyone walking back and was overwhelmed w/ emotion as I saw several people wiping their tears! It was really pretty incredible. Here's the funny part...the couple in the middle...Adam and Lindsay don't even know them! LOL! I guess we could have coordinated placement better. It was just awesome that we were able to get everyone to stand out in the 95 degree weather for this photo, so nobody thought about the fact that Adam, Emma, and Lindsay are completely scattered. The Party really couldn't have turned out better though!

3 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

They are very lucky to have you!!

Alluneedislove25 said...

It was so much fun to see everyone and meet a few new people. I am sad that they are leaving, but I know they will be very happy!! PS-I know Bryson was taking some pics and got a few of Hayley...if you dont mind..can you e-mail them to me??