Friday, July 30, 2010

Unexpected Travels

Unfortunately my husband recieved some very sad news about an old student of his from El Paso a couple of days ago! A guy named Raul, who was in his late 20's, took his own life on Monday night! Joe saw this guy as a little brother to him for several years. Unfortunately they had lost touch but both continued to hold eachother in hight regard! We don't know the extent of what might have driven Raul to take his own life at this point. All we know is that it happened and the services are going to take place in El Paso within in the next few days.

Well, to Joe's surprise, the news has hit him pretty hard! He has gone back and forth about traveling home for the past couple of days. The fact of the matter is, we just can't afford to travel! I know my husband, and I know that for his own closure, he needs to go! SO... we were able to cash in a buddy pass for both he and AJ to go out there. The frustrating part is that we can't go together and that I won't be able to be there for Joe! He doesn't like this at all! To make things more light hearted and easier on both of us, he was planning on taking Ansley with him...then we found out she is no longer considered a lap child so we would have to purchase another buddy pass for her ($182)!
These are the moments when we want to just pack up our things and move out West so that we can at least be half way closer to El Paso! Then we could actually get in the car and drive out there together as a family! The discovery of a money tree certainly wouldn't hurt either!!!


On a lighter note, I have started a new job working as a manager at the new local Gymboree!!! We just opened last Wednesday and I am LOVING it! I wish they paid more, but I will take what I can get! It's nice to have a job to go to for at least a few hours to make a contribution to the household income and get a little break away! ;) The discount is pretty decent too! The part where I actually make a paycheck and bring it home is going to be the HARDEST part! The clothes in there are SO CUTE..not to mention all of the matching accessories!!! I have been really good...SO FAR! :) We have been able to work out our schedules pretty well! I have hired my good friend Robin Dimmig to come in and watch my kids for me on an as needed basis. So far we have only needed her once! My mom has been helping out a little and Joe has been able to work his schedule around mine a little bit! Hopefully it will continue to work out!

No comments: